You can visit Gloucestershire Family History Society @ the Hub
You can visit Gloucestershire Archives @ the Hub.
The Heritage Hub is a welcoming and inclusive space for all, including disabled people, and older people with dementia or sensory impairments. When we planned the Heritage Hub we sought advice on access issues, and we have included the following in our design:
- Level access to all areas, and a ramp to the entrance (pending a new main entrance by September 2018)
- A wheelchair accessible toilet
- A mixture of soft and hard seating in the coffee lounge and entrance foyer
- An extra large screen for training, presentations and events for those with impaired vision
- A hearing loop for those who are hard of hearing
- Clearly defined spaces, using lighting and colour, to help people with dementia navigate the building
- Acoustic chairs for those who may be hard of hearing
- Blue Badge parking (1 space is available during the ongoing building works, expected to finish by September 2018; others will be reinstated after this time)
Staff are trained in how to help if you require additional support to access our resources – please just ask if you need some assistance.
Guide dogs and other assistance dogs are always welcome.
Please tell us if you think we can make any improvements to our access; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org