Sight and Sound
Welcome to our "Sight and Sound" page where you can find video material from the collections of Gloucestershire Archives and Gloucestershire Heritage Hub partners! As time goes on we hope to also populate this page with audio and photographic material as well.
Here we are showcasing some of the fabulous moving image material in our collections. Our films come in formats ranging from cinefilm and videotape to born-digital files and cover a wide range of topics. We’re excited to share some of this content with you via our Gloucestershire Heritage Hub YouTube channel.
Here are some tasters of our varied programme. Check out our full offering on our YouTube channel:
- Nailsworth on cinefilm: clips of Lionel Bathe’s home movies, filmed in the 1960s, 70s and early 80s. His magpie camera work recorded the Chalford rail car, dancing at Barton Fair, Philpott's bakery, and more besides.
- one-time employees of Fielding & Platt engineering works remember their working lives - including an office romance or two
- life in the diverse Barton & Tredworth neighbourhood of Gloucester, from World War 2 to more recent times
- Gloucester cattle market, Gloucester Picturedrome, the Three Choirs Festival and the arrival of a submarine! as recalled by Brian Frith MBE
- anecdotes from the remarkable PC Bee Bailey, a trans officer in Gloucestershire Constabulary, including the 2017 Gay Pride march in Belfast
All our films are “shorts” with a running time of less than 5 minutes. So why not grab some popcorn and enjoy an outing to our Home Cinema?.