Our location and opening hours
You can visit Gloucestershire Family History Society @ the Hub.
You can visit Gloucestershire Archives @ the Hub.
Gloucestershire Family History Society is open from 10.30-12.30 and 13.30-15.30, Tuesday-Friday.
Gloucestershire Archives is open from 9am-4:30pm, Tuesday-Friday. Staff are currently busy planning Saturday events. We will update shortly.
The Heritage Hub is closed on bank holidays.
Gloucestershire Heritage Hub (for Gloucestershire Archives and general enquiries): 01452 425295
Gloucestershire Family History Society: 01452 524344
We have a car park on site, which costs £3 per day to researchers to use. You can buy a token from reception after you park.
Access statement v.1.1 October 2020
Gloucestershire Archives at the Heritage Hub is a welcoming and inclusive space for all, including disabled people, and older people with dementia or sensory impairments. When we planned the Heritage Hub we sought advice on access issues, and we have included the following in our design:
- A lift from the entrance foyer to Reception
- Level access to all areas, with auto-doors
- Two wheelchair accessible toilets
- A mixture of soft and hard seating in the coffee lounge and entrance foyer
- An extra large screen for training, presentations and events for those with impaired vision (in the Frith Room and in the Dunrossil Centre)
- Hearing loops for those who are hard of hearing
- Clearly defined spaces, using lighting and colour, to help people with dementia navigate the building
- Acoustic chairs in the reception area for those who may be hard of hearing
- Blue Badge parking (3 spaces available – first come, first served, or can be pre-booked)
Staff are trained in how to help if you require additional support to access our resources – please just ask if you need some assistance.
Guide dogs and other assistance dogs are always welcome.
Some staff have received training in dementia awareness.
We welcome mothers and babies; baby changing facilities are available in the Dunrossil Centre and a private space can be made available, on request, if a mother needs to breastfeed her baby.
Please tell us if you think we can make any improvements to our access; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org